Tuesday, February 3, 2009

#*@&#^$&*@(#*@#&$%

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!

Grrrrrrrr!

ROWR!

Yeah, I am totally and absolutely pissed off.

For the 6th month in a row, the taters for Gratin Jurasien will simply NOT GET DONE!

Now, dagnabit, they were thinly sliced, soaked in changes of cold water and "pre-cooked" in a saucepan. And They Are Still Not Getting Tender. Same thing with russets, reds, boilers, yellows, every tater I have tried.

This is just so awful! I have been making Julia's gratin for years and have never had this kind of problem with the potatoes until the last 6 months or so. Is it the taters? Is it me? Is it the oven?

I don't know what it is but this problem has ruined quite a few meals. It has also ruined my peace of mind, too. How can I possibly make a good gratin when the taters simply will not cook?

If someone has an idea, I would really appreciate hearing from you. Puhleeeze?

No comments: